If you are in the process of buying or selling a house, it is likely that you will be researching residential conveyancing firms and deciding which conveyancer is right for you. Premier Property Lawyers undertakes conveyancing across England and Wales, completing thousands of conveyancing cases each year.
Given that we undertake work throughout England and Wales and that there are a number of ways that clients can be introduced to the firm, it is not possible to produce a detailed bespoke estimate on this website. We have therefore published an average fee for properties based on the stamp duty fee bands.
The price table below relates to a freehold sale or purchase without a mortgage. This is the average price that we charge for a property within that price range. For a detailed estimate, please feel free to call us on 0333 234 4425, where our friendly team will generate a conveyancing quote.
Premier Property Lawyers Average Fee (prices are exclusive of VAT):
|£0.00 - £125,000.00||£550|
|£125,001 - £250,000.00||£600|
|£250,001 - £925,000.00||£700|
|£950,001 - £1,500,000.00||£950|
Should your transaction involve a mortgage, be leasehold, involve a Help to Buy Equity charge or Help to Buy ISA, additional fees will apply.
A list of our most common additional charges are as follows:
- Acting for your lender minimum fee of £115 + VAT (excluding Help to Buy Mortgages): If you are purchasing a property with a mortgage, we will be required to act for your lender as well as you. This work includes complying with your lender's specific instructions and the registration of your lender's mortgage upon completion. If you are selling with a mortgage, we will need to obtain a redemption figure from them, repay the mortgage on completion and submit paperwork to the lender in order for the mortgage to be removed from the property upon completion.
- Help to Buy Mortgages £295 + VAT: Where your purchase involves a Help to Buy Mortgage, we also act as the Help To Buy Agent. The process for this is more involved than a standard mortgage and requires that we provide a number of undertakings (legal promises) and detailed reports to you.
- Leasehold Fee £195 + VAT: If your sale or purchase is leasehold, we will need to obtain replies to a large number of leasehold enquiries from the Landlord and/or Management Company.
- Electronic ID Fee £15 + Vat (per person): We are legally obliged to require you to provide evidence of your identity and the identity of anyone you are acting on behalf of or who is providing a gift to you.
- Help to Buy ISA Fee £50 + VAT (per ISA): If you are purchasing and using a Help To Buy ISA, we are required by HM Revenue and Customs to obtain a declaration to confirm that you are eligible for the ISA and submit documentation in order to claim the ISA and received the bonus from them.
3rd Party Costs
In addition to our fees, you will be required to pay fees to third parties such as:
- Land Registry: to register the transfer of the property. The fee payable will depend on the price of the property, and their fees can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax: Stamp duty Land Tax is payable on increasing portions of a property price above £125,000.00. There are different rules if you are buying your first home or if you a purchasing an additional property. Stamp duty rates can be found at https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax/residential-property-rates.