Introduction and General Terms
This website is operated by Premier Property Lawyers Limited, a registered company in England and Wales under company number 03130071 and with our registered office at 1 Frances Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 1SH (“PPL” “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy).
PPL is committed to complying with the UK’s Data Protection law and the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) for the protection of personal data, as well as the principles of data security in the configuration of our service. Where we decide the purpose and means for which personal data you supply through this website is processed, we are the “data controller.”
The Data Protection Officer
Premier Property Lawyers Limited
1 Frances Way
The types of personal data we collect and use
Whether or not you become a customer of PPL we may use your personal data for the reasons set out below. If you become a customer PPL will use it to either provide the conveyancing services to you or to fulfil our contract with you. PPL will collect most of the data directly but information collected both directly and indirectly are mentioned in this statement.
- Full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. work and home address, email addresses, telephone numbers (home and work), job title and company details and comments);
- IP address/location
- Personal data about other individuals involved in the transaction. You must have their authority to provide their personal data to us and share this data protection statement with them beforehand.
Providing your personal data
We will tell you if providing some personal data is optional, including asking for your consent to process it. In all other cases you must provide your personal data to enable PPL to provide services to you.
Monitoring of communications
Subject to applicable laws, we may monitor and record your calls, emails, text messages, social media messages and other communications in relation to your dealings with us. PPL will do this for regulatory compliance, for self-regulatory practices, crime prevention and detection, to protect the security of our communication systems and procedures, to check for obscene or profane content, for quality control and staff training. PPL also monitors activities on your file where necessary for these reasons and this is justified by PPL’s legitimate interests and legal obligations.
Using your personal data: the legal basis and purposes
PPL processes your personal data for the following reasons:
- As necessary to perform its contract with you for the relevant conveyancing service;
- To take steps at your request prior to entering into it;
- To allow you to decide whether to enter into it;
- To manage and perform that contract;
- To update your records; and
- As necessary for PPL’s own legitimate interests or those of other persons and organisations, for example:
- For good governance, accounting and managing and auditing of our business operations;
- To monitor emails, calls, other communications, and activities on the website;
- For market research, analysis and developing statistics;
- To send you marketing communications;
- To monitor the progress of the Conveyancing service provided to you; and
- To enable satisfaction surveys to be conducted.
- As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, for example:
- When you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests;
- For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and related disclosures;
- For establishment and defence of legal claims;
- For activities in relation to the prevention, detection, and investigation of crime;
- To monitor emails, calls, other communications, and activities.
- Based on your consent, for example;
- When you request PPL to disclose your personal data to other people or organisations, such as a company handling a claim on your behalf, or otherwise agree to disclosures;
- When PPL process any special categories of personal data about you at your request (e.g. your biometric data, data concerning your health); and
- To send you marketing communications where we have asked for your consent to do so.
Please note that you are free at any time to change your mind and withdraw your consent. The consequence might be that we cannot do certain things for you.
Sharing of your personal data
Subject to applicable data protection laws we may share your data with:
- The Simplify group of companies which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Sub-contractors and other persons who help us provide the website, conveyancing service and quote;
- Companies and other persons providing services to us;
- Our legal and other professional advisors, including our auditors and insurers;
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice;
- In an emergency or to otherwise protect vital interests;
- To third parties in order to protect the security or integrity of our business operations;
- To third parties when we restructure or sell our business or its assets or re-organise or merge;
- Market research organisations who help to improve our services;
- Anyone else where we have your consent or as required by law.
How you use our website (analytics)
You can visit our website without giving away your personal information. PPL uses Google Analytics and Cookies in order to improve our service, user experience and analyse how the website is used. Aside from the approximate location (IP address), the information collected by Google Analytics is mostly anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information, language.
Your personal data may be transferred outside of the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA). While some countries have adequate protection for personal data under applicable laws, in other countries steps will be necessary to ensure appropriate safeguards apply to it. These include imposing contractual obligations of adequacy or requiring the recipient to subscribe or be certified with an ‘international framework’ of protection. Where we transfer your personal data outside of the UK and EEA appropriate safeguards will be put in place to protect that data. Further details can be obtained by emailing DataProtection@premierpropertylawyers.com
What if I am aged 18 or under?
If you are aged 18 or under please get your parent/guardian’s prior permission whenever you provide personal information through the website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information. Please note that individuals under 18 are unable to purchase a property in the United Kingdom.
Direct Marketing Communications
If you have chosen to opt-in to our direct marketing communications, we will use your information to tell you about products and services available from us which may be of interest to you. We may also use your information to tell you about products and services we can introduce from selected businesses.
You have a right to opt-out of our direct marketing communications at any time. You can opt out by following the Unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the communication or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to websites of other providers third parties
We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any website to which a links exists and give no representation or warranty as to the information on such websites. We accept not responsibility or liability for any loss arising from any contract entered into with any website to which a link exists.
Survey and Competitions
We will treat any survey or competition information you provide with the same high standard of care as we do all personal data, using any details provided strictly within the terms of the competition and this Privacy Statement.
How long will the data be stored for?
Where possible, we will take steps to erase any personal data that is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is collected or otherwise processed, or if you have withdrawn consent for it’s processing and retention.
The following criteria are used to determine data retention periods for your personal data:
- Retention in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. PPL will retain your personal data based our legal and regulatory requirements.
- Retention in case of claims: PPL will retain your personal data for as long as you may bring a legal claim.
- Retention in case of queries: PPL will retain your personal data for as long as they are legally able to do so to enable us to deal with any queries you may have.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is virus protected. We accept no responsibility for any loss you may suffer as a result of accessing and downloading information from this site.
Your rights under applicable data protection law
Your rights are as follows (please note that these rights do not always apply in all circumstances):
- The right to be informed about how we are processing your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased;
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy, transfer your personal data (“data portability”); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our Data Protection officer in writing:
Data Protection Officer
Premier Property Lawyers Limited
1 Frances Way,
Right to Complain
You have the right to complain about Data Protection to PPL’s supervisory authority the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection laws. You can contact the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or by visiting their website: https://ico.org.uk.
Data Anonymisation and aggregation
Your personal data may be converted into statistical or aggregated data which can not be used to identify you, then used to produce statistical research and reports. This aggregated data may be shared and used in all the ways described above.
For more information on the Simplify group companies, please contact DataProtection@PremierPropertylawyers.com
This policy will be reviewed, and may change, from time to time as a result of further development of our website, changes to legislation or the implementation of new technologies. PPL reserves the right to change this data protection information at any time with effect for the future. The revised policy will be posted to this page so that you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it. We therefore recommend you read the current data protection information again from time to time.
Last updated: Feb 2022
Date of Next Review: Feb 2023